If values seem wrong (too slow or too fast) or you are getting frequently missed reps. There are a couple main causes:
- The camera is picking something else up in the field of view.
- You are leaving the field of view of the camera during a rep.
To troubleshoot these issues, there are a couple things to try:
- Double check that there are no other lifting implements in the frame of the camera.
- Make sure there is nothing else in the image that may be perceived as a lifting implement.
- Look at the "Bar Visibility Indicator" (Strip of red or green along bottom of app) while lifting. If it turns red at any point, that means we either cannot see the barbell via a limitation of the algorithm or that you are going out of the field of view of the camera. Learn more about the Bar Visibility Indicator in our Tablet App Overview Article.
- Open up the "Exercise Preset Screen." Go through the range of motion of a lift. Make sure that throughout the range of motion, the barbell stays between the two red lines.
- If it looks like the barbell is going out of the field of view of the camera, adjust the camera by using the + / - buttons.
- If a barbell is visible, but it is not moving despite you moving a barbell, this is indicative of the camera picking another object up as a lifting implement.
- If a barbell is visible, but it is flickering back and froth between two positions, this is indicative of the camera picking your barbell and another object up as a lifting implement.
- If it looks like the barbell is within the field of view but it is disappearing at random times or the barbell is not visible at all, this could be an issue with our algorithms. Please contact a Perch representative.