This article explains what the rack adapter is, why you may need it, and how to install and use it.
What is the Rack Adapter?
The Perch Rack Adapter is an additional piece of hardware that will turn your incompatible rack into one that now accepts a Perch camera. The rack adapter:
- Is made of 1/8" thick steel extrusion.
- Is Powder coated black (custom colors available for an additional cost).
- Measures 48" x 2.5" x 2.5" and weights approximately 12 lbs.
- Comes with 3, 25 lbs magnets securing it to the weight rack and enabling for easy installation and re-positioning if required. Magnets are coated in rubber to prevent damage to the rack.
Who Needs a Rack Adapter?
The Perch camera is compatible out out of the box with the majority of weight racks on the market, and it's very likely that yours is compatible with the Perch camera. However, there are instances in which features of your rack may prevent the camera from mounting directly to it. Examples of these features may include:
- Sheet metal logo plates at a point of attachment (Hammer Strength or Sorinex)
- Circular pull up bars instead of a rectangular cross beam.
- Keiser power meters at the point of attachment.
How to Install and Use the Rack Adapter.
There is very little additional set up time associated with using the rack adapter.
- Remove rack adapter from box.
- Using a ladder or step-stool, carefully carry your rack adapter up to the top of your weight rack.
- Lower the adapter to where you have pre-determined to be the best place to install it on your weight rack. The magnets are strong and it will be tough to wiggle once placed, so be careful when lowering it into place. There are 3 magnets - 2 magnets securing it to the top of the rack preventing movement in the Z-axis and one preventing it from moving in the Y-axis. Make sure the single magnet preventing movement in the Y-axis is pushed squarely against the rack, securing it in place.
- If you want to move the adapter, press up to release the magnets (twisting helps), replace it until you are satisfied with its position.
- You can now Install your Perch system to the rack adapter.