We have discussed the hardware installation process which briefly mentioned how to connect your devices to WiFi and how to connect your camera and tablet via Bluetooth. We've also shown you a system diagram of how everything is connected. This article will discuss this process in more depth.
Connecting your various Perch devices to each other is simple. If this is your first time connecting everything, please follow the steps below in order.
Step 1: Connect Tablet to WiFi
NOTE: If you are not using a Perch-provided Samsung Galaxy tablet, your process of connecting to WiFi may differ. For information on compatible tablets, please view our tablet guide.
- Open tablet settings
- Select "Connections" -> "WiFi"
- Your WiFi network should show up, please connect and enter your password
Step 2: Connect Tablet and Camera via Bluetooth
NOTE: If you are not using a Perch-provided Samsung Galaxy tablet, your process of connecting to WiFi may differ. For more information on compatible tablets, please view our tablet guide.
If this tablet has been connected to a different camera before, follow these steps (if it's new, skip these two steps)
- Open the Perch App -> Click "Settings" (Gear icon in bottom right) -> Click "Forget Last Device"
- Open the tablet settings, Select "Connections" -> "Bluetooth," find the old camera and click "Unpair"
- Proceed to the next steps
If this is a new tablet (or you just completed the steps above) complete the following steps:
- Open tablet settings
- Select "Connections" -> "Bluetooth"
- Of available devices in Bluetooth, select the Perch Device to which you are actively trying to connect.
- Once connected, restart your tablet to solidify the connection.
- When you open the Perch app for the first time, if the camera and tablet do not connect automatically, it will prompt you to connect to a device and recommend the perch cameras available.
Step 3: Sign Into the Perch App Using Email and Password
NOTE: If you are already signed in, you may skip this step.
- Open the Perch App on your tablet
- You will be prompted to log in. If you are not, open "Settings" within the app (gear icon in bottom left) and select “Log In.”
- Enter the email and password credentials you created when you created your account.
Step 4: Connect the Camera to WiFi Using the Perch App
- In the Perch app, after logging in you will be prompted to connect your camera to WiFi
- If you are not, select settings, scroll down, and select “Perch Device WiFi”
- Select your WiFi, enter your password and connect your Perch Device
Step 5: Using the Connectivity Screen
- Once everything is logged in and connected, go to the Connectivity Screen by tapping the camera button in the bottom left of your Perch App.
- This screen should have a picture of a camera pointing to a WiFi signal, pointing to a Cloud
- In a few minutes, all of these should light up green
- This screen will also have the camera MAC Address, camera ID, and Software Version the camera is currently running.
- If the any of these symbols are not green, please consult our WiFi trouble shooting page.