You can either purchase your own tablet our buy one from us! If you purchase your own, you can skip step 3. Please make sure that your tablet has the recommended specs for running the Perch App.
If you are receiving a tablet from Perch, your tablet should come mostly set up, and you can skip step 2. It will already have the correct apps on it. Regardless of how many tablets or cameras you purchase, we pride ourselves on making it as easy as possible to get up and running with Perch. We do almost everything for you, but due to privacy reasons, we cannot sign into a google account for you.
Download the Perch App and Configure your Table Settings
Confirm that Automatic Updates are “On”
1) Initial Tablet set up
- Remove tablet form box and remove any protective covering.
- Power tablet on
- Follow on screen prompts to complete your tablet set up and connect it to WiFi (not required if you purchased a Perch Tablet).
2) Download the Perch App and Configure your Tablet Settings
Note: If you purchased a tablet form us, you can skip this step.
- Open the Google "Play Store", search for “Perch”, and download on our app.
- Click download
- App should download, search for App and add it to the home screen for easy access.
- For the best workout experience, find the display settings in the "settings" of your tablet and set the screen timeout time to the max possible - usually 30 minutes on android.
- Lay out your Perch app, the settings app, and the google play store app on the home screen for future easy access.
3) Sign into a Google Account
Note: If you set up your own tablet (step 2) you will have already completed this step and can proceed to step 4.
The tablet needs a Google account signed in on it so you can receive automatic updates to the Perch app. You don’t want to get left in the dust!
WARNING: We strongly discourage using a personal Google / Gmail account for our tablets. Unless you are the only person that has access to your facility (e.g. home gym), DO NOT use a personal Google account. The data in whatever Google account you use to sign into the tablet can be accessed from anyone using that tablet (e.g. emails, saved passwords, etc.).
Note about Large Facilities: It is likely that your IT department has a protocol for dealing with such things, and would happily help you get this set up. Consider reaching out to them and involving them in this process. We are happy to support in any way we can.
- Open the tablet’s “Settings” screen, and find the “Google” section. From there, you should be prompted to sign into a Google account or create a new one.
- You can create a new one directly on the tablet by following the on screen prompts, or you can sign into a Google account you already own or created online. As stated above, please do not use a personal google account, unless your Perch system is for personal use.
4) Confirm that Automatic Updates are “On”
- Open the Google Play Store, search for “Perch”, and tap on our app.
- On the apps page, you should see a small settings or drop-down icon in the top right of the screen (shown below).
- Tap that, and in the drop down menu the option “Enable auto update” should be checked. If it is not checked, check it and receive that sweet automatic update goodness!