The Perch Leaderboard feature allows coaches to create and enhance the competitive atmosphere in the weight room, promote maximal intent, and allow athletes to challenge each other, all while receiving real time updates.
Setting Up a Competition
- On the web app, select “Leaderboard” in the tool bar.
- Select the “Filter” button in the top left of the screen.
- Select what exercise, team/group, time frame (two options), and metric you want to display.
- Select “Save”
- This screen will update every 30 seconds to keep the competition up to date.
Filtering Loads in Leaderboard
- To keep data clean and relevant in your competitions, you may want to filter out warmup sets, max sets, or just keep the competition to a specific load, or percentage of RM.
- To do this, click on the "Filter" button in the top left of the screen
- You will now see additional filters for both "Weight" and "%RM"
- Enter in your desired weight range for this competition, hit save, and the leaderboard will update
- Enter in your desired percentage of 1RM range, hit save, and the leaderboard will update
- You can also create filters for any combination of these parameters
- Filtering loads by weight and/or %RM enables you to keep your competitions relevant and your weight room flowing seamlessly.
Streaming a Competition in the Weight Room
- The leaderboard function is accessible via the Web App.
- In order to stream the leaderboard to one or multiple weight room TVs, connect a computer to the TVs via a chrome cast, AirPlay, HDMI cord or any other streaming option.
- Results update every 30 seconds, let the competition commence!
- Because the competitions are hosted on a web page, if you want to create multiple competitions at once, all you need to do is open up a new tab in your browser and stream this tab to a different TV. This can be really useful if you want different teams or lifting groups competing at the same time.